I’ve discovered some important things through traveling! I thought today I would share some tips with you. Some I have learned the hard way, some I have learned from other travellers!
Tips For Before You Go:
- Always buy travel insurance, you never know what might happen.
- Check your passport before you go. Some countries require your passport to be valid for up to 6 months after leaving. Some countries also require proof of return ticket. Check here if you are Canadian.
- Keep a photo copy of your passport and license just incase it gets lost. Also keep a photo on your phone.
- Send your itinerary to a friend of family member before you go.
- Check to see if you need any vaccines before you travel.
- Purchase a travel plug adapter if needed.
- Check visa requirements with the country you are traveling to.
- Set up a travel alert with your bank.
- Download apps for the public transit of the city you will be visiting.
- Check in for your flight online.
- Make sure everything in your carry on complies with the airport security guidelines.
- Check the weather to make sure you pack the right clothes.
- Learn “hello” “please” and “thank you” in the native language of the country you will be visiting.
- If you’re having a hard time deciding what to do, check out bus tours website for ideas. Even if you are going to drive yourself you can copy their itinerary.
- Pack a mini first aid kit with bandages, medications like ibuprofen, anti-diarrhea, etc.